My photo
rough-draft of a lady

Monday, May 4, 2009

Border Nights


Going to see favorite musicians at Club Passim is one of the best things about living in the Boston area.

Ten years ago, after dinner at the Border Cafe, I walked past the window of the club and saw a stage and a roomful of audience. The restaurant is across the alley from Passim. It did not take me long to find my way through the doors and into the world of live acoustic music. Now I am at the Border a few nights a week after shows (and usually after helping stack chairs). The Border is among my home sweet homes.

I could not begin the count the times where I have taken refuge here on long Campfire festival days... the people I have met, the stories, the insane laughter, and OH, that glorious country music that always reminds me of my childhood home of Tucson, Arizona. If you're gonna play in Texas, you gotta have a fiddle in the band... or any number of Dixie Chicks songs.

This post is a note of affection for my favorite local margarita haven. When I am there, I am with my beloved pals from the world of Passim... I currently recommend the Patron margarita.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

The Border always makes for great lighting when taking pictures :)

Cok, were you there when it was my absolute favorite time at the Border? I think you were... with Ellen, Peter Mulvey, Antje, Noam, Pierce Woodward... and a few others... like probably Matt Smith ;)

Nicoleee said...

oh cindy-love,

i do not think i was there- though i have been at the border with those peeps on different occasions...

Contact